Prior to becoming a Home School and Tutoring Consultant in 2001, Miss Brooks helped to raise 3 “failing” schools to among the best in the district.
In addition to over 450 graduated Home School students, her two children graduated with full-ride scholarships to several colleges and universities. Under her privately taught tutelage, over 700 students have achieved a medium ACT score of 30 in the past decade.
“Our Miss Brooks'” instills civic duty with all who come into her presence. Her first “official” Home School student, Robert Hammond, went all the way through college and earned his PhD from Alabama State University! This also reflected in her own children, as her daughter earned a Masters in International Business and proudly serves in the Armed Forces (USAF). Her son earned his Juris Doctorate from Belmont University, and serves as an attorney for the Governor’s office. (He has worked under former Governor Bill Haslam, and currently for Governor Bill Lee.)
Miss Brooks has found that most of families have a challenge or a desire to take control of their educational career. These issues typically include:
- Safety Concerns in School Environment
- Limited Athletic Opportunities (individual sport competitions)
- “Cookie- Cutter” Education = Discouraged or Confused scholar
- Poor Test Scores = Lack of Collegiate or Scholarship Opportunity
- Health issues of family member or scholar
- Lack of College and/or Career Planning